This is Full-Time Accounting Position (29 Hours /week)
Whipple Service Champions is looking for a dynamic, accounting clerk for a full-time position. If you are friendly, honest and proactive, you will love your future team members. Whipple Accounting is where the magic happens. We are the financial heart of the company and while we work hard, we enjoy a close-knit team feeling in a family-like environment. If you are a go-getter, looking for an opportunity to test your accounting skills or if you are cutting back hours to slow your pace of life, you just might be what we are looking for here at Whipple!
What will you be doing:
Performs a variety of administrative and bookkeeping activities including, but not limited to, preparation of invoices and/or bills, payments of invoices, data-entry tasks and other work-projects assigned by accounting manager. Must have a general knowledge of accounting principles, basic spreadsheet, 10 key-by-touch and computer skills. Must have the ability to meet multiple deadlines and exhibit great customer service. Will possess a High school diploma or a GED equivalent. Good customer service, interpersonal communication skills are a must. Your solid attendance record is mandatory to be successful in this position.
Responsibilities may include:
- Calculates and inputs employee's wages in preparation for payroll.
- Processes invoices for products and services ensuring accuracy and quantity data input.
- Coordinate and ensure all permits are applied and obtained through the appropriate city municipal authority for plumbing and HVAC system installations.
- Where applicable, coordinate documentation and information to Whipple customers, facilitating the customer’s awareness and ability to apply for rebates.
- Responds to a variety of accounting-related questions, inquiries, and/or special projects assigned by the accounting manager.
- Assists accounting staff with questions on products, services, installs, accounting details as required.
- Assists with preparation of various accounting and financial reports specific to the position and/or as assigned by the accounting manager.
- May perform any accounting function or cross training in any accounting position at any time and as assigned by the accounting manager.
- This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
This position requires the following skills, abilities, and education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of administrative, accounting (or equivalent experience), and an understanding of basic accounting principles, mathematical and spreadsheet skills; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
- Must possess the ability to navigate Windows-based computer operating system
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to think critically and work independently
- Personable with clients and co-workers at all levels
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experienced in MS Office Suite
- Ability to calculate wages using various compensation methods determined by work performed
- Must be reliable, hardworking, and able to appropriately handle confidential information
- Perform other related duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This is a full-time position.
Depending on experience and education, the hourly range is $15-$17.
If you’d love to work for our company, apply with your resume and tell us why you’d be a great candidate for this position.
For more information on our company, visit our website at www.whippleplumbing.com